21 June, 2009

Kangaroos at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

Photo from my flickr account

The free-ranging kangaroos at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary were the highlight of my trip to Brisbane in April. I bought a $1 bag of kangaroo food and used it to bribe kangaroos into being photo subjects! The food was barely necessary, though--llike these ones, most of them were so relaxed around people that they didn't mind being approached by any fool with a camera, food or no food.

See flickr for many more photos. And if you're ever in Brisbane, I highly recommend Lone Pine!

1 comment:

Pocket.Buddha said...

HI!!!

I am always up for scrabble on any weekend! I am apparently working on proving the 'practice makes you better' theory completely and totally wrong! Do you not remember the last time we played scrabble? I think I tried to add so many pre-fixes to some word or another that it took up the entire side of the board. . . My tactics really haven't changed too much.

I am not entirely sure what there is to catch you up on as far as my life. . . Unless you want to hear all about my recent adventures in incubating humans. . . But I would love to hear all about your adventures. . . from the looks of it you've had a few to say the least.

E mail me at pocket.buddha@gmail.com when you get into town and I'll give you my number.

Look forward to hearing from you!

-Julian-