23 February, 2008

A Quick Trip to Vancouver

Geese and sunrise over Gulf Islands

In which the heroine demonstrates that she is still a real prairie girl by taking many photos of seagulls and ferries.

I went to Vancouver--just for one day--to apply for a Japanese working holiday visa. Hopefully, in a week I'll be able to go back and pick it up, and I'll be aaaalllll set for summer. I was hoping I would get the visa same-day, so I took the earliest ferry possible. I left home at 5:30, was on the ferry at 7:00, but still didn't get to downtown Vancouver until 10:00. But even though I didn't get the visa today, I'm glad I went so early--it was really fun to watch the sun rise from the ferry in spite of the clouds.

Other travel news: I just got confirmation that my Australian working holiday visa has been granted, one day after applying! (Those upside-down folk are speedy.)

No comments: