02 July, 2008

Canada Day Fireworks

Photo from my flickr account

Canada Day fireworks in Japan, you ask?

Yesterday I coincidentally met with a few friends who were planning to set off fireworks along the Kagami River. Unlike in Canada, small/medium fireworks are legal, and a summer tradition. I've seen young people setting off fireworks along the river a few times while walking there, so it was cool to do the same, and although I am not a big Canada Day celebrate-er, it was fun to accidentally do something special for Canada Day in Japan.

This photo demonstrates why fireworks might be illegal... but don't worry, no injuries!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mercy! No injuries you say? Great photo...taken with zoom lens I hope. / Mom

Anonymous said...

Fireworks are not illegal in Quebec, you can find them in the corner store! The proximity of Qc was quite evident last night in Ottawa...