15 January, 2009

Parrots!

Photo from my flickr account

Seeing parrots outside for the first time reminded me of my first encounter with palm trees, when I visited BC in high school. I had never seen them before--it was a totally new experience! (Okay, seeing palm trees isn't necessarily an important experience, but it was still new.)

Same for the parrots. Before coming to Australia, I had only ever encountered them in pet stores and so on. I was super surprised when I noticed one just hanging out a tree as I walked by!

Parrots: Not Just Inside After All!

3 comments:

Estelle said...

It IS amazing to see parrots :) I remember a similar reaction to palm trees as well. Also really big trees. And the ocean.

Pretty much everything we don't have at home was really wonderful and awe-inspiring.

Anonymous said...

I had a similar incident between Tokyo and Kyoto, but not with parrots!

I saw an elevator factory, and was stunned for a moment. Then, I thought, "Well, I suppose they would have to make those somewhere..." XD

Alyssa said...

Oh. My. God. An ELEVATOR FACTORY? My mind is blown.