11 January, 2009

Sydney Festival First Night


I spent last Saturday at the Sydney Festival First Night. Sydney Festival is a huge bunch of arts events all over the city throughout January. There are a lot of concerts, and also dance, theatre, and I'm sure other things I don't even know about. For the First Night, there were free open air concerts all over the city. I went to The Domain, a big park downtown, to see The Cat Empire. We left the house at one in the afternoon to secure a truly excellent spot in front of the stage, but were quickly foiled by people standing up in front of us. Anyway, the concert was great. Then we grooved to DJ Mr. Scruff, and finally headed over to Hyde Park to see Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings.

In summary: there was awesome. Booties were shaken. I'm looking forward to the rest of the festival.

No comments: