02 May, 2008

Mukade!


Last night I got a scary surprise. It was about 12:30 and I was just about to drift off to sleep. I heard a scratching kind of noise near my head, and thought perhaps a spider was crawling onto the futon or something, so I got up and turned on a light. To my shock and horror, there was no friendly palm-sized spider creeping around on the floor, or a geji-geji, which I had seen before... there was a mukade, a giant centipede, on my pillow, crawling around just where my head had been only a moment before!

Unfortunately I didn't quite have the presence of mind to take a photo, so the one you see here is from the web. This morning I learned that those things BITE, so I'm glad I ran away to sleep somewhere else instead of sticking around to observe the beast.

And now, heading back to my regularly scheduled giant insect safari...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeee geji geji :( I probably prefer tarantulas.

Rebecca said...

OMG EWW. :( The more legs a thing has, the more grossed out by it I am. That has MANY MANY more legs than it should.