11 August, 2008

Yosakoi!!

This weekend in Kochi is the Yosakoi Festival. That means fabulous costumes, music, and amazing dancing!

Yesterday I stopped to watch on my way home from a teaching job, and randomly met a lone travelling German girl. So instead of watching for a few minutes and then making my way home, I watched with her until the end and then went out dancing. Then we met up today again, and spent the day swimming in the sea, looking at wax figures of samurai, watching Yosakoi, drinking shochu (hey, you gotta keep hydrated in this hot weather) and so on.

This is probably really boring to read, so I'll save the blabbing until I've uploaded my pictures. There's a lot to look forward to, including dancing Batmen. Yes, plural. And the festival isn't over yet, either!

No comments: