07 September, 2008

Sunday Market



Today I went to the Sunday Market, and this is what I bought! I love the cheap fruit and vegetables, especially since fruit is WAY WAY scary expensive in grocery stores here.

The Sunday Market is about 1km long. I find the best strategy is to walk for one or two blocks and check out the prices, and then go back and buy the best deals, because not all farmers are equal...

For example today I got too excited and bought a really expensive pear when I could have had TWO pears instead. Sigh...

Also, the katsuo tataki (katsuo is a fish, bonito in English--tataki is a method of preparing something where you sear its outside and leave its inside raw) comes from the permanent Hirome Market, which is near but not the same as the Sunday market.

PS. Click on the picture, and it will become LARGE.

No comments: