19 March, 2009

Retraction

Two posts ago (I keep referring back to the library; I miss it so much I can't stop mentioning it on my blog), I said that Regina, like Kochi and Canberra, had a population of about 300, 000 people. It has been drawn to my attention that this is very wrong indeed! The population of Regina is actually 179,246 (as of 2006), and I have been lying about it to people all over Japan and Australia for a year! Kochi and Canberra, on the other hand, are roughly the same, at about 340, 000 people each. (I kindof thought Kochi seemed bigger than Regina... just a little bit...)

In other words, since the RPL serves about half the number of people in the other cities I compared it to, it is in fact about twice as awesome as previously implied.

2 comments:

Estelle said...

Really? I was so sure we'd broken 250k...

Alyssa said...

So saith Wikipedia.